One Day Young is a delightful project by London based photographer Jenny Lewis picturing Hackney-born babies during the first 24 hours of life. The touching and beautiful portraits of mothers with their newborn babies is the perfect ode to all mums, today and everyday, cherishing the extraordinary bond formed between the mother and the baby from the moment of birth!
These beautiful images of loving mums and their amazingly cute babies can now be found on the book One Day Young by Hoxton Mini Press. In the book the photographer shares 5 years of portraits of mothers and newborns in these precious first few hours of a life long bond.
You can check out more of these heart warming photographs on the artist’s website.
Happy Mother’s day!
via My Modern Met
Oh that happy day is coming!! Sunday is mother’s day!! To help you and your lucky mama,celebrate in style, here are 6 wonderfully pretty DIY gift ideas.
1. Flowers, flowers, flowers! Which mum doesn’t like flowers? Make her happy with this beautiful giant ‘flower blocked’ bouquet by Paper & Stich
2. Make it for less! For the cool mums a beaded pendant necklace by A Beautiful Mess
3. I know, one shouldn’t really give an apron to a mum… but this one is so gorgeous that you can get away with it. A DIY no-sew floral apron by Sugar & Cloth
4. Oh my God, these Flamingos are my favourite of them all! And you can eat them because they are Flamingo Macarons also by Sugar & Cloth
5. Tiny little flower bouquets she can keep all year long by Oh Happy Day!
6. And if your mum is anything like me she definitely needs a few of these leather cord organisers by Delia Creates
Being a mum is the most wonderful thing but, truth be told, it’s no piece of cake! So I for one am looking forward to my much deserved pasta necklace, lovely drawings of my giant – but smily – head with lonnnnng arms that can hug the world, overcooked (generally overly sweet as well) breakfast in bed and all those sticky kisses!!!
But if you’re not a 6 year old, you might need to put the pasta and the crayons aside and make something great for your mama! Here are 8 beautiful Mother’s Day Gift DIY Projects to help.
1. Mums love flowers, kids love Ice Pops… why not combine both? Edible Flower Ice Pops, via Free People
2. Burst to the Kool Aide to make this beautiful Bracelet, via For The Makers
3. I’m yet to meet a woman who doesn’t love handbags! And this big one is perfect for a mum, via Something Turquoise
4. Tell your mama that you love her with this lovely Pop Up Card, via A Subtle Revelry
5. Bring her breakfast with these personalized Mother’s Day Tea Set, via Lauren Conrad
6. And throw a party decorated just for her with a Free Printable Mother’s Day Party Set, via Oh Happy Day
7. She’ll be so happy with such pretty Air Dry Clay Jewelry Bowls, via Alice And Lois
8. If you really want to impress her, put away the pasta and make her this gorgeous Stone and Silver Necklace, via Fall For DIY