Oh that happy day is coming!! Sunday is mother’s day!! To help you and your lucky mama,celebrate in style, here are 6 wonderfully pretty DIY gift ideas.
1. Flowers, flowers, flowers! Which mum doesn’t like flowers? Make her happy with this beautiful giant ‘flower blocked’ bouquet by Paper & Stich
2. Make it for less! For the cool mums a beaded pendant necklace by A Beautiful Mess
3. I know, one shouldn’t really give an apron to a mum… but this one is so gorgeous that you can get away with it. A DIY no-sew floral apron by Sugar & Cloth
4. Oh my God, these Flamingos are my favourite of them all! And you can eat them because they are Flamingo Macarons also by Sugar & Cloth
5. Tiny little flower bouquets she can keep all year long by Oh Happy Day!
6. And if your mum is anything like me she definitely needs a few of these leather cord organisers by Delia Creates
It’s so difficult to find good and creative furniture for kid’s and all of the nice ones are so expensive!! I think it’s pretty fair to say that most families end up having one of these at home, no? KURA beds are not only affordable but they are very versatile. Here are some lovely hacks and with a little creativity and some tools you can transform your child’s room from the boring ikea look to a fabulous childhood wonderland.
1. Such a wonderful little forest house via Ikea Hackers
2. Here’s a proper little wooden cabin via Ikea Hackers
3. A fire station via The Share Space
4. This cute modern cabin via Vintery Mintery
5. Wich would love to have their own ball pit? via Rusta Upp
6. And the easiest of the all using stickers from StikkiPix
Although the spring is only a month away, the weather has been so cold this past week here. Beautiful, fluffy and lovely these throw blankets will help to keep you warm for these last few days of winter.
1. A cozy flannel throw to keep you warm by Let’s Go Sunning
2. This lovely blanket of love from A Beautiful Mess
3. Let’s not forget the boys with a lovely Gentleman’s Fleece Throw via In Honor of Design
4. For the little ones, this colourful knitted treasure via The Purl Bee
5. As spring is coming… via Design Mom
6. Super fluffy Faux Fur and Flannel via A Beautiful Mess
Nice and easy, sometimes with just a little change of color or different shelves, these simple metal and tempered glass Ikea Vittsjö tables and bookshelves can go from mass produced cheap to high-end unique pieces. I love how simple and effective these hacks can be!
1. Oh such a beautiful color in this Bar Cart via Style Me Pretty
2. Your bookshelf is now made of Gold via Honey Sweet Home
3. From big nesting tables into chic smaller… Nesting Tables! via Project Palermo
4. And an elegant Cocktail Ottoman via Melodrama
5. Colourful vintage charm with enamel chalk paint via Brittany Makes
6. The most beautiful Marble + Copper Side table via Style Me Pretty
7 & 8. And to create a more industrial look replacing the glass shelves with wooden ones for bookshelves via Yellow Brick Home and a laptop table via Storefront Life
Being a mum is the most wonderful thing but, truth be told, it’s no piece of cake! So I for one am looking forward to my much deserved pasta necklace, lovely drawings of my giant – but smily – head with lonnnnng arms that can hug the world, overcooked (generally overly sweet as well) breakfast in bed and all those sticky kisses!!!
But if you’re not a 6 year old, you might need to put the pasta and the crayons aside and make something great for your mama! Here are 8 beautiful Mother’s Day Gift DIY Projects to help.
1. Mums love flowers, kids love Ice Pops… why not combine both? Edible Flower Ice Pops, via Free People
2. Burst to the Kool Aide to make this beautiful Bracelet, via For The Makers
3. I’m yet to meet a woman who doesn’t love handbags! And this big one is perfect for a mum, via Something Turquoise
4. Tell your mama that you love her with this lovely Pop Up Card, via A Subtle Revelry
5. Bring her breakfast with these personalized Mother’s Day Tea Set, via Lauren Conrad
6. And throw a party decorated just for her with a Free Printable Mother’s Day Party Set, via Oh Happy Day
7. She’ll be so happy with such pretty Air Dry Clay Jewelry Bowls, via Alice And Lois
8. If you really want to impress her, put away the pasta and make her this gorgeous Stone and Silver Necklace, via Fall For DIY
Chocolate eggs, fluffy bunnies and pretty things! Who doesn’t love Easter?
To make this holiday even more adorable, here are a few more lovely DIY projects.
1. Adorable bunny shaped Buttermilk Scones via Ferm Living
2. Bring color to the table with these Bunny Place Card Holders via A Beautiful Mess
3. Free printable Cheerful Creative Cutting decorations from Famille Summerbelle
4. These Lego Eggs are so much fun! You can make them with these Free Printable Lego Faces via It’s Always Autumn
5. Easter Bunny game of Tic Tac Toe via I Heart Nap-time
6. Very cute Jumping Jack Easter Bunnies via Pottery Barn Kids
7. There’s that Bunny again! Easter Bunny Burlap Runner via House On The Way
8. Make very lovely macaron bunnies with this Free Printable Bunny Ears via Sugar and Cloth
With lovely spring weather, cute Bunnies and yummy chocolate eggs, Easter is definitely one of my favorite holidays! There’s a little over a week to go and here are 8 DIY projects to keep busy while waiting for those cheeky bunnies to arrive bearing delicious treats!
1. Fun Egg Shaped Cookies via Ferm Living
2. Adorable Bird Feeders via A Subtle Revelry
3. How cute are these? Bunny Clay Bowls via Alice and Lois
4. Yummy little Marshmallow Bunnies via Martha Stewart
5. Lovely free printable Bunny Cards from Kelli Murray
6. Printable Easter Egg Sewing Cards via Handmade Charlotte
7. Super sweet Stuffed Bunny via Alice and Lois
8. And a cheerful Bunny Garland via Minieco
Simple to use and very cost effective, stencils are a great way of bringing color and pattern to a space without spending too much money. Nice and easy, these 8 wonderful DIY projects will inspire you to upgrade your home using stencils.
1. Stenciled floor via Apartment Therapy
2. Create your own wallpaper using a stencil via A Beautiful Mess
3. Beautiful Stenciled Ceiling Medallion via Apartment Therapy
4. Old floors made new with Geometric Stencils via A Beautiful Mess
5. Coffee time is much nicer with this beautiful Stenciled Tray via House of Fifty
6. Customized curtains via Home Made by Jill
7. Stenciled roller shades via Martha Stewart
8. Charming detail with a Stenciled Throw Pillow via Country Living
Where to buy:
To make it even easier, and if making your own stencils is not your thing, thousands of Stencils are available to order online. Check these out: