Even though it hasn’t been snowing much here in Switzerland, “Les vacances de ski” are here! As such, it’s time to celebrate the rustic and cozy interiors of those great ski Chalets, that have come a long way from the old cabin in the woods. Nowadays modern, comfortable and airy, these mountain retreats are the best way to enjoy the joys of winter.
1. This incredible Swiss Chalet designed by Peter Zumthor as his own family holiday, as seen in dezeen, is available for holiday rentals.
2. Beautiful Nordic charm in this cabin in Norway, via Planete Deco.
3. Simple chic in this modern Ski Chalet in Megeve, via Mind Sparkle Magazine.
4. A traditional Swiss Chalet in Villars-sur-Ollon is also perfect for a summer retreat in the mountains, via The New York Times.
But you don’t have to live in the Alps to give your home a modern cozy chalet charm! Even if you are not going down the slopes this season, here are a few pieces to help you bring that wonderful winter holiday feel home:
Get the look:
1. Grey and White snowflake throw by Moon Uk
2. Design classic RAR Eames Plastic Armchair by Vitra
3. Reindeer Rug by Blue Sun Tree
4. Cushions by Made
5. Solid reclaimed pine wood coffee table by West Elm
6. Sheep skin by Ikea